I have a sweet tooth. If you put a plate of cheese and a block of good quality chocolate in front of me I wouldn’t even notice the cheese. My kids like treats but we try to avoid anything sugary and highly processed. But guess what? There is a whole world of healthy sweet treats out there.
SUPERFOOD RASPBERRY + COCONUT BLISS BALLS
Makes 16 generous sized balls
1 ½ cup (225 g) raw cashew nuts
1 cup (75 g) desiccated coconut + more for rolling
Zest of 1 lemon
½ cup (60 g) frozen raspberries
1 tablespoon Healthy Chef Organic Superfood
1/4 cup – 2 generous heaped tablespoons Healthy Chef Vanilla Protein
1 tablespoon cold-pressed coconut oil
1 tablespoon organic maple syrup or rice malt syrup or a little stevia.
- Combine the cashews, coconut, lemon zest, Organic Superfood and Vanilla Protein into a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Process until all of the ingredients have combined and mixture looks crumbly.
- Add the frozen raspberries and blend again for a few seconds until mixed through.
- Transfer the bliss balls from the food processor into a mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup, then mix through until combined.
- Roll into 16 bliss balls. I use a small ice cream scoop to make sure they are all the same size.
- Roll balls in desiccated coconut until well coated.
- Store in the fridge to set (about 1 hour).
- Superfood Bliss balls will keep in the fridge for up to 7 days. Perfect to enjoy as a healthy snack, post training recovery fuel or as a healthy and quick breakfast on the go. They can also be frozen.